Highlands Ranch Real Estate Information

Friday, February 12

10 Tips for a Greener Home

Posted on February 11, 2010 by Leslie Mann

When I began working in real estate, one of the first things I wanted to do was immerse myself in learning about green construction. Daniel and Amelia Glickman of Sustainable Construction welcomed me into their beautiful studio in Sherborn, and imparted a wealth of knowledge on the subject. Since that time they’ve been a go-to resource when it comes to environmentally-friendly living. Today, I had the pleasure of speaking with Amelia, who shared these tips on creating a greener, healthier home.

1. Use milk-based paints. There are many gorgeous milk-based paints available, which are free of VOC (volatile organic compounds), a combination of chemicals that can cause adverse health impacts.

Read the full story.